Join us on October 19 for the 24th Annual Apple Butter Festival and celebrate fall at Wade’s Mill.
We’ll be making apple butter the old-fashioned way, slow simmered in a 130+ year old copper pot over an open fire. Take a turn stirring with the long-handled paddle and take home a jar of freshly made, 100% natural apple butter.
Enjoy demonstrations and handcrafted work by local artisans and crafts people including blacksmithing, broom making, alpaca wool products, pottery, stained glass, lavender products, jewelry, wood turning and more.
Explore Wade’s Mill’s three floors of historic milling equipment and museum displays to learn about the history and tradition of stone-ground milling in the Shenandoah Valley. Our 100% natural flours, grits, cornmeals and mixes will be available in the Mill Shop.
Wade’s Mill Apple Butter Festival is a great family day out and wonderful way to celebrate the fall in the Shenandoah Valley.
Wade’s Mill is the oldest, continuously operating commercial grist mill in Virginia. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and the Virginia Landmarks Register.
Apple Butter Festival highlights
- Music by The New Corner Grocery and Bluegrass Band
- Fresh Wade’s Mill bread baked in our outdoor oven
- Demonstrations by local artisans and crafts people
- Demonstrations from the Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit
- Rocks Money Pit award winning BBQ
- The Raphine Volunteer Fire Company’s famous BBQ chicken
- Authentic chuck wagon fruit cobblers cooked in a Dutch oven over an open fire
- Wine from Rockbridge Vineyard
- Cider from Halycon Days Cider Company
- Local food products including apples, chestnuts, fresh bread and natural pet treats
FREE ADMISSION AND PARKING